2021 - 2022: Spring term 1 new homework BINGO style homework
Children from all classes are encouraged to complete regular homework; the amount is varied according to age. All children are expected to take home their reading books regularly.
Regular short work sessions at home, help to foster the self-discipline and independent work skills that will be needed later on.
We hope that our parents will support us by:
- Reading daily with and to your children
- Discussing the homework
- Finding somewhere quiet and comfortable where your child can concentrate on their homework task
- Helping your child learn their number bonds and their times tables
- Helping your child to learn any spellings or phonics that are sent home
- All children are encouraged to join the local library
During school holidays we adopt a no homework policy. We think it is important that children also have a break from schoolwork and we encourage them to spend their holidays having down time and playing. Often during holidays, parents want to take their children out and we do not want children worrying about homework during these family times. Sometimes, teachers may set fun holiday challenges for you to do as a family.
Of course we encourage you to continue to read with your children throughout the holidays and to carry on with times tables and revising spellings as these are the foundations to being successful later in life.